Breaking News from Tumblr!

« »

Monday, February 13, 2012

blog report: RAW is BAD (plus other musings)

Howdy,

This weekend opened my ears and eyes to a lot of things, most of them good, if not great. One of them being that the next big music project for me is working on a song with Dan of SWEETDICULOUS that is one of the biggest tracks we've ever done.

Another would be completing the remix instrumental of "Impulsive" this morning.

But the big one, and I'll elaborate on it is that I tried a different vocal approach a few days ago. Trying to find the balance between hip-hop and DC punk vocal styles. It was a fun experience, really fun and then later on that weekend I made this connection.

In this society of American Idols, Voices, and X-Factors, the "rawness" of vocals is being slowly erased. Not completely but it's coming to a point where it ceases to exist. Bear with me.

People nowadays want angelic voices. Perfect pitch, tone and so on so forth. No room for the imperfect, never-was-trained style that rose to fame. It seems more honest when someone performs and they actually did it themselves, they got to where they are without an abundance of help.

I'm not sure, but perfection is what everyone wants.So much that people forget what it's like to be real anymore.

Seriously, what ever happened to trial and error? The days where mistakes were meant to happen, to educate and to show that there's room for improvement.

I hope rawness comes back. I hope mistakes and trial and error come back. Perfection sucks.

-mc larny

No comments:

Music I Made


MC%20LarnyQuantcast

Currently_Working_On

GREEN = on-time
RED = delayed
----------------------------------------------------------------

N0_HER0ES
ARRIVAL:
2013

backwards/forwards
ARRIVAL:
TBD

Project Nightmare 36(5) - All Year

ARRIVAL:1/1/2013

the uglyside of beautiful
ARRIVAL: 2013

the beautifulside of ugly
ARRIVAL: 2013

The Imperfect Dialogue
ARRIVAL:TBD

Merch Stand (Buy Something)

In_Your_Area